Veteran Friendly Office (VFO) Program
About the VFO Program
The Veteran Friendly Office Program is a collaborative effort between the Office of Student Diversity & Inclusion and the Veterans Advisory Council (VAC) at Texas State University.
Departments and programs that are designated as VFOs ensure that our Texas State student veterans are provided with friendly, proper and immediate assistance or resources to assist them with their academic and personal endeavors. The process by which an office can receive this designation is simple.
Requirements to be a VFO:
There are six easy requirements we ask an interested department/office to meet:
- 50% or more of office staff attend the "Transition from Combat to Classroom: Helping Student Veterans Succeed at Texas State" professional development workshop;
- Designate a point-person and one back-up person from your area to be available as the primary contact for student veterans who have questions or need referrals;
- Integrate a one-stop philosophy and assistance practice when helping student veterans;
- Maintain an updated list of key offices that provide veteran resources for making referrals;
- Maintain supply of Student Veteran Resource flyers which provide short list of veteran specific resource offices/departments/programs; and
- Display the VFO plaque in high traffic area or place of prominent visibility within the office.
First Step: Attend the Professional Development Workshop
Transition from Combat to Classroom: Helping Student Veterans Succeed at Texas State
Second Step: Once you meet the 50% requirement -
Submit application for VFO Designation Status
By joining this program, your office/department will become one of several offices/departments deidcated to helping student veterans make a smooth transition from active duty to campus life.
Request VFO Designation by filling out the Online Form!
Aquarena CenterAttorney for StudentsCampus Activities and Student Organizations (CASO)Career ServicesCenter for International Studies Advising CenterCenter for P-16 InitiativesCollege of Applied Arts Advising CenterCollege of Education Deans OfficeCollege of Fine Arts and Communication Advising CenterCollege of Science & Engineering Advising CenterCounseling CenterDean of StudentsDisability ServicesLBJ Student CenterMcCoy College of Business Advising CenterOffice of Student Diversity and InclusionRetention Management and PlanningRound Rock Higher One Stop CenterRural Talent SearchSchool of Journalism and Mass CommunicationStudent Affairs TechnologyStudent Business Services & BursarsStudent Learning Academic Center (SLAC)Student Support ServicesUniversity College Advising CenterUniversity Police DepartmentVeterans Initiative ProgramVice President for Student Affairs
Last updated: February 21, 2012
Please contact the Office of Student Diversity and Inclusion at 512-245-2278 or via email email@example.com