Safe Offices at Texas State
Safe Office Designation
A safe office is a department or office where 75% or more of all full-time employees (FTE) have completed the four -hour Allies Training.
In addition, Safe Offices pledge to:
- Display Safe Office Placard in highly visible and trafficked area.
- Post a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, sexual orientation and gender identity in prominent places, such as the website, social media sites and waiting areas.
- Encourage new employees to participate in creating a safe office by encouraging them to attend an Allies Training.
- Include and make available LGBTQIA-friendly posters, brochures and magazines in the waiting areas and offices.
- Update current forms to be gender-neutral.
- Not allow offensive jokes or comments about LGBTQIA people to occur in the office.
To request the Safe Office Designation, please complete the Safe Office Designation Application Form.