Thank you for your interest!
The Male Initiative Committee appreciates your interest and support in hosting The Male Imperative: Supporting Male Students at Texas State University Training.
- Increase awareness of male student success in higher education
- Review national enrollment and graduation data on male students
- Increase awareness of barriers and issues impacting male students in higher education
- Increase awareness of programs, practices and initiatives that positively impact male retention
- Overview of Male Students: National Data and Demographics
- Overview of Demographics and Experiences of Males at Texas State University
- Overview of Promising and Current Programs and Services
- Male Student Panel (depends on students' schedule)
Complete all fields below in order to ensure that Facilitation Team obtains all information to review, determine if request is accepted, and reply to each request.
Important information related to requests:
Requestors will need to provide the following in order for workshop to be reviewed and confirmed:
- Requests should be made at least three (3) weeks in advance of date(s) being requested.
- This will ensure that our team will have sufficient time to review and confirm training.
- We will NOT consider requests for same-day or same-week requests.
- Providing alternative dates and general times is highly recommended.
- Preference for groups of 30 or more.
- Though there is no audience size limit, we ask that you maximize your request by coordinating with other departments and offices who have an interest in completing this training.
- Preference for three (3) hour full training.
- Our goal is to offer the full training that requires at least 3 hours to complete and in order to obtain the wealth of information and experience.
- However, given time-constraints, we can provide an abridged version. The abridged version will be very limited in essential content.
- Recommendation for Offices and Departments: Consider your all staff/faculty meetings as viable times for the training.
- Reservation of Room
- Reservations are the responsibility of the requesting group.
- Space must accommodates the size of your group.
- Access to Computer with Internet, Audio and Video.
- Our workshop uses PowerPoint with embedded videos with sound.
- Printing of Materials
- Electronic copies will be shared within 48 hours prior to start of training.