Allies Training 101
Attend a Virtual Allies Training in order to become an Official Ally of Texas State!
Individuals who wish to become Allies of Texas State must attend and complete a full training.
Note: Professors offering this training as extra credit to students should notify students of the 2 hour commitment needed to complete course training.
What to expect?
At the end of the training, individuals have the option of signing a contract required to become an Ally. Those who sign the contract will receive an Ally of Texas State placard and/or pin that can be picked up in Institutional Inclusive Excellence. These items symbolize understanding, support, and trust. They also signify a "safe place" which is a location and environment where LGBTQIA+ individuals can speak in confidence and receive help, advice and support.
Individualized Co-curricular Activity Transcript (iCAT)
Upon completion of a training, your participation of the training will be imputed into the iCat or your academic transcript.
Registration is required for all trainings. In order to provide the highest quality training, registration is limited to a group of 40 individuals.
Virtual Expectations and Etiquette
- Video will be required to be on.
- Participants are encouraged to join the zoom chat 5 minutes. early with voice and video disabled. You may disable your video once the facilitators have joined the chat.
- Please keep microphones on mute to minimize background noise. You may unmute to communicate and participate.
- The background of your video should be appropriate for an audience of all ages:
- Preferably a solid color wall background of your choice.
- Please make sure to speak clearly and your voice can be heard well when asked to engage or use the side chat.
- Please be sure to be dressed appropriately.
- Please make sure your video is turned on so that the facilitator can see all who are present.
- Inappropriate language or imagery will be excluded.
- Save to your device.
If you have any questions please contact Robert Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org