Workshop Request Form
For anyone seeking to become a Bobcat DREAMer Allies or an official DREAMer Safe Office must attend and complete a full training. This training is available for student, staff, faculty and community groups (student organizations, departments, offices and non-Texas State groups).
Complete all fields below in order to ensure that Facilitation Team obtains all information to review, determine if request is accepted, and reply to each request.
- Due to institutional response to COVID-19, all requests for trainings will be facilitated via telecommuting and for no more than 1.5 hours.
Important information related to requests:
Requestors will need to provide the following in order for workshop to be reviewed and confirmed:
- Requests should be made at least three (3) weeks in advance of date(s) being requested.
- This will ensure that our team will have sufficient time to review and confirm training.
- We will NOT consider requests for same-day or same-week requests.
- Providing alternative dates and general times is highly recommended.
- Preference for groups of 30 or more.
- Though there is no audience size limit, we ask that you maximize your request by coordinating with other departments and offices who have an interest in completing this training.
- Preference for three (3) hour full training.
- Our goal is to offer the full training that requires at least 3 hours to complete and in order to obtain the wealth of information and experience.
- However, given time-constraints, we can provide an abridged version. The abridged version will be very limited in essential content.
- Recommendation for Offices and Departments: Consider your all staff/faculty meetings as viable times for the training.
- Reservation of Room
- Reservations are the responsibility of the requesting group.
- Space must accommodates the size of your group.
- Access to Computer with Internet, Audio and Video.
- Our workshop uses PowerPoint with embedded videos with sound.
- Printing of Materials
- Electronic copies will be shared within 48 hours prior to start of training.
- PowerPoint Presentation
What to expect upon completion of workshop:
- Each participant to receive Certificates of Completion in person or via email post-presentation
- Post-Workshop Evaluation
- Contract to become a Bobcat DREAMer Ally.
- Bobcat DREAMer Ally Placard
Bobcat DREAMer Ally Status and Placard
- Individuals who complete and sign the contract will receive the status as an Official Bobcat DREAMer Ally and a placard.
- This placard symbolizes understanding, support, and trust. More broadly, the placard designates that this individual’s office is a “safe space” – a location and environment where undocumented, DACAmented, students from a multi-status family or student who is foreign born can speak in confidence and receive support, advice and guidance.
Bobcat DREAMer Safe Space
- Departments and offices that are designated DREAMer Safe Offices when 50% or more of all full-time employees (FTE) have completed the In Limbo: Dilemmas Faced by Undocumented & DACAmented Students. A DREAMer Safe Office ensures that undocumented and DACAmented students receive timely services and resources.
We look forward hosting your group.