Submissions are no longer being accepted. You can view the Tribute Video on the Student Diversity and Inclusion homepage
**In the effort to include all of our submissions, we were not able to release the final video tribute. Several submission files were corrupted/ damaged and our office has made every effort to give those students a chance to resubmit those videos for inclusion in the tribute. The video will be released tomorrow through our Twitter and FaceBook social media channels.**
While this Unity tribute, a collaboration of Multicultural and Lavender Graduation, does not replace the SDI Graduation Celebrations or Official Texas State Commencements, SDI recognizes the academic achievements and contributions of the diverse students graduating from Texas State University. Please complete the information fields below to process your registration for cords and the upcoming Multicultural Graduates' Tribute. After completing and submitting registration form, a copy of the form will be sent to the Texas State Email account you provided.
Pick Up Cords/stoles
Graduates can pick up graduation cords at:
Student Diversity and Inclusion
700 Student Center Drive
LBJ Student Center, Suite 2-2.0 (2nd Floor)
San Marcos, Texas 78666
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Student at Round Rock Campus
You are welcomed to pick up your graduation cords at the Round Rock Campus.
Student Affairs-Round Rock, Avery Building 265
Monday - Thursday -- 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Contact: LaTonya Henry, Supervisor at Round Rock Campus
Video Upload Guidelines
Instructions to Submit Video/Photos:
- Record a video with your device or social media platform (up to 30 seconds but no longer) or choose no more than 4 photos to create a video photo montage ( no longer than 30 seconds)
- The background of your video should be appropriate for an audience of all ages:
- Preferably a solid color wall background of your choice
- Please make sure to speak clearly and your voice can be heard well
- There should be no music in the background so that you can be heard clearly
- You are encouraged to wear your commencement regalia (cap and gown)
- If you will not be wearing your regalia, please wear a shirt that has a Texas State University name or logo.
- Please do not use captions as they will be included during video editing
- You may be creative with the video, but please abstain from using props that will obstruct/ block your face from being visible
- Videos with inappropriate language or imagery will be excluded
- Save to your device.
- Label file with net id and graduation type (MC=Multicultural, LV=Lavender, VET=Veterans
- It is also easier to save video to your phone or your device and then submit via the file upload link below
- If you are not submitting a video or using a social media platform, attach your photos.
- Feel free to use full creativity range when creating their video. Let the video showcase who you are!
Make this moment memorable and fun for your classmates!
Students may consider some of the following prompts to speak on or include:
- A word of gratitude to family or loved ones.
- Reflection on their time at Texas State. You can include quotes or valuable lessons learned from faculty, staff and students.
- Share what this accomplishment means to you
- Share what does the spirit of being a Bobcat mean to you especially during this time of change.