IMPORTANT UPDATE | You will need a ticket to enter Multicultural Graduation Celebration. | READ THIS MESSAGE.
Over the years, the Multicultural Graduation Celebration has grown in scope and number of participants. It is a favorite signature event that celebrates our students during one of their most prized moments – commencement from Texas State University.
Due to renovations at LBJ Student Center and temporary closure of the LBJSC Ballroom, the event is being held in the LBJSC Teaching Theater. Normally, we allow students to bring as many guests. The LBJSC Teaching Theater comfortably seats just under 400 participants.
In preparation for this event, we have received a larger guest count (includes graduates) than anticipated and as compared to previous years. Unfortunately, it is also well over the venue capacity.
For this fall 2017 event, we have determined that providing tickets is best option to ensure that we can host all graduates and an equal amount of guests per graduate.
Important information about tickets:
- Tickets are first-come, first-served and are numbered.
- Graduates will be provided with ONLY two (2) tickets for guests.
- Graduates will not need a ticket to be admitted; your cap and gown is your admission ticket.
- Your guests must present tickets at check-in to be admitted.
- Pick up:
- Tickets can be picked up in SDI Office (LBJ Student Center Suite 5-2.1 – 5th Floor)
- Starting Tuesday, December 5, 2017 and until Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- During regular business days and hours (Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- You must bring your TXST ID at pick up.
We absolutely understand that this update may present some changes or inconvenience for you and your guests. Our goal is to ensure that we can offer a quality program that is reflective of your success while balancing the growth in participants.
If you should have any questions or concerns, contact the SDI Office at 512-245-2278 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the Multicultural Graduation Celebration.
Office of Student Diversity & Inclusion
The Multicultural Graduation celebration recognizes the academic achievement of and contributions to Texas State by
underrepresented students at Texas State; this includes any students that embrace multiculturalism and diversity.
Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Location: LBJ Student Center Teaching Theatre (4th Floor)
This program is partially sponsored by the
Office of Vice President for Student Affairs,
Alliance of Texas State, Coalition of Black Faculty and Staff and
Hispanic Policy Network.
Graduates must register to participate in this program. All registration should be made by calling the SDI Office at 512-245-2278 or completing the form below..
Graduates - need to arrive no later than 5:15 pm to recieve additional instructions.
Career Services and Student Diversity & Inclusion invite you to participate in the upcoming Career Workshops.
- Workshops are open to and specifically for participants of the Veterans, Lavender and Multicultural Graduations.
- Registration is required.
- Participants will receive a FREE Texas State Portfolio upon completion of workshop.
- Participants should register for one (1) workshop (i.e. you don't have to attend all four dates).
Dates, times and location (Career Services - LBJ Student Center Suite 5-6.2):
- Monday, December 4, 2017 at 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Thursday, December 7, 20107 at 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM