Interested in attending the NCORE Conference?
Each year, the Office of Student Diversity & Inclusion selects students to attend and represent Texas State University at the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in American Higher Education Conference (NCORE). This year NCORE will take place in New Orleans, LA from May 29, 2018 to June 2, 2018.
Benefits of being selected to represent SDI and TXST at NCORE:
- SDI pays for your NCORE Registration Fee*
- SDI pays for hotel
- Attend all workshops and keynote speakers
- Develop your skills and competencies related to diversity and inclusion
- SDI Office will make a good-faith effort to reduce the total cost of attending the NCORE Conference.
- You will be required to pay for meals not included with conference registration.
- You may have to assume some portion of your travel expenses, specifically if it involves airfare.
- SDI will offer transportation via University-owned vehicles as an option for travel to attend the conference.
- Applicants must be able to attend all of NCORE (May 29, 2017 - June 2, 2017).
Below are details about eligibility for being selected:
- Must be a current member of the FY 2017 Equality University Director’s Committee.
- Must be a current student in good standing at Texas State
- Must be enrolled as a student at Texas State for the 2018-2019 Academic year.
- Must serve on the Equality U Director’s Committee (i.e. leadership planning committee) beginning fall 2018.
- Failure to meet these requirements will result in reimbursement of travel expenses and conference fees.
Deadline to Submit
- Friday, February 23, 2018 by 5:00 PM
*Applying for NCORE's Student Leadership Development Conference Scholarship Program is strongly encouraged to pay for your registration fee and allowing for another student to attend.
You will be notified by email if you are selected to attend NCORE.