The Office of Student Diversity and Inclusion coordinates and supports campus-wide programs to help Bobcats develop a better understanding of Internationalization while promoting and celebrating the international cultures that are represented within the student body.
The following are new initiatives in progress:
· Flag display of each foreign country represented by international students at Texas State University.
· Mentorship program that will pair an incoming international student with either an American Texas State student or another international student. The goal is for students to foster cultural exchange throughout the semester.
· The creation of an International Student Advisory Council (ISAC).
· ‘International Student Spotlight’ – The goal is to highlight a different international student each month through an article in the University Star newspaper and online.
· International Student Airport Pickup – A student-oriented service where a Texas State student will pick up a newly admitted international student at the airport with a Texas State gift basket.